See announcements regarding meetings which have are temporarily closed, moved or changed times due to holidays, weather or facility issues.
To submit an announcement, see below.
Guidelines for submitting a temporary meeting announcement
To submit a meeting cancellation or change, please use the comment box at the bottom of this page. Your post will show up in the list above. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please provide a valid email address in the “Email” box. If the web committee needs to clarify, that is how we will contact you. No one else will see your email address except the web committee.
- Do not post your last name, phone number or any other info that breaks anonymity in the comments below. If you do that, it will take longer (possibly days longer) for your announcement to appear. All comments are approved before they are posted. If you need to provide a phone number, give out the number for your answering service or central office. Please only submit your comment once.
- Please include the following: Change Type (Cancellation, Temporary move, etc), Date(s) of the change, City, Meeting Name, Meeting location including the church name, the normal time of the meeting and a description of what happened. If known, please include an alternative meeting. Don’t forget the dates of the change and use addresses. A newcomer may not know the location of a church or meeting by name (i.e. don’t say the meeting is moving to the same location as the Saturday book meeting)
Cancelled Due to Weather on 2/10/2050
Keep it Simple Group
Anytown Community Church
The Monday 7pm Keep it Simple Group at Anytown Church will not hold a 7pm meeting on Monday 2/10/2050 due to the snow. We WILL still hold the 12 noon meeting. The 6pm meeting at the Anytown Clubhouse at 1 Main street Anytown, NY is still happening as far as we know.
Meeting Moved on 2/15/2050 and 2/22/2050
As Bill Sees it Group
Normally at: Somewhere Methodist Church
Moved to: Somewhere Community Center, 1 Test Street Somewhere, NY
The Friday night As Bill Sees it Group is temporarily moving to the Community center for 2/15 and 2/22. The church is renovating. We will resume meeting at the church 3/1. Use the side door of the Community Center.
- This is for temporary changes only. Permanent meeting changes should be submitted to your district records keeper or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will a newcomer understand your announcement?